Friday, December 13, 2013

A Little More Homework*

I'm missing graduation tomorrow, due mostly to a lack of transportation, but also due to an impending blizzard.  I'm okay with it now, not because I'm a master of self-control, but because I got to see my son in his first acting performance, which he took on less than two weeks ago.

He's a senior at Norristown Area High School, and has been playing in concert band and working on stage crew for the fall and winter shows. Tonight was their performance of 13, which is a musical about a boy from New York City whose parents divorce and he moves with his mother to Indiana, where he attends Dan Quayle Middle School (!). Here's a link to the show's page at MTI:
http://www.mtishows.com/show_detail.asp?showid=000358

Long story short, he went from stage crew to stage manager to supporting cast member and did (proud dad spoiler alert) GREAT!!! I'm so proud of him for stepping up and doing the job.  He already decided to audition for the spring show. Where DOES he get it? Heh...

*--from 13: a new musical. Music and lyrics by Jason Robert Brown, book by Dan Elish and Robert Horn

No comments: