Thursday, July 10, 2014

Alfie*

What's it all about, Alfie?
Why did I do this?
Why did I spend two years busting a hump to finish a second masters at Clarion?
I'm not sure it was worth it.

I have a feeling that there's two kinds of librarian candidates out there.

The first is more knowledgeable in librarianship than technology.
The second is more knowledgeable in technology than librarianship.
I have a sinking feeling that I should have become the second kind by going to Rutgers, taking their preset list of 12 classes, get the MLIS (and better chances at jobs).

105 applications out there, and I haven't had a college interview in six weeks.  The fall is getting larger in the window every minute, and there's nothing I can do to stop it. Maybe it's like K-12 teaching, and everyone waits to the last minute. But I don't think so.

I'm good at what I do. I know it. Why am I not communicating that to people?  What is wrong with me? What is wrong with what I have to offer?

Can someone give me a heads up as to what I'm doing wrong? I don't honestly have a clue.

Please.

St. Jerome, pray for me!

*--Burt Bacharach and Hal David, 1967

No comments: