Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Day in the Life. Part 4 : October 18, 2023

Arrived 9:25 am. My day off didn't yield a boatload of leftover work; my supervisor in the office did his usual yeoman job solo yesterday.
11:05 am: Spoke to reference head, who informed me that they were quiet today and didn't need me to fill in, and reminded me that Professional Development day was next Wednesday.

11:15 am: tackling the backlog from yesterday, a small pile of returns from libraries hither and yon, including a historical fiction title called "Captain Caution" by Kenneth Roberts (Doubleday, 1934). The title put me in mind of a former fellow WMU music student who had referred to a previous conducting student as "Captain Adagio". Having met him on one occasion or another--it's been a few decades--I thought it an apt description. Taking "Captain Caution" next door to Tech Services for binding repair. It's not as simple as walking the book 50 feet to a technician; I have to change the record in Polaris so that people don't try to check it out while the repair is being completed.

4:30 pm: a light day for the UPS shipment. not much to report today. Onward.

No comments: