Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Night Shift*:

11:35 pm:  The house is silent, the stillness broken by the hum of the refrigerator, the ticking of the wall clock, and the occasional passing car (some with sirens attached).  I found it amusing that my history-loving son slept thru the presidential debates while my wife and our daughters watched it.  Who knew?

I had my first migraine in about four months this afternoon.  They're miserable, beastly things. If I feel one coming on, my day is shot, especially if I don't have my Imitrex with me.I'm light- and noise-sensitive when I have them, and making matters worse was having to pick up the girls, some of their teammates, and the son of friends of ours from volleyball and soccer practice.  Don't get me wrong--they're all lovely people, really--but when the migraine hits (and this one was bad) all bets were off.  The crowning touch was realizing when I got home that I'd left my flash drive in the hard drive of the terminal that I was using today.  C'est la vie--I'll pick it up tomorrow morning.

Turned in my paper for Management class last night, and submitted my resume` to the proper authorities.  Onward to choosing a webinar, FINALLY getting to the book for my book review, and taking a cataloging quiz on Library of Congress classification tomorrow. A busy week thus far.  Cheers...

*The Commodores, Night Shift, 1984. (personal note: this song has always been one of my favorites.  It pays tribute to Jackie Wilson and Marvin Gaye, R and B geniuses who left us too soon.  I had forgotten that it was the Commodores who recorded this on their first album after Lionel Richie left to pursue a solo career.)

No comments: