Monday, September 17, 2012

In the wee small hours of the morning...*

I'm about to go to bed after a long, active day. 
Roasted a chicken for lunch;
Cantored Noon Mass;
Took Sarah to her Mandolin lesson;
Worked on SPSO library with Kathleen for about an hour;
Worked on it again (stuffing envelopes, creating a listserv to communicate with my fellow orchestra members, sent an initial email, recorded responses) for another hour at home.  Discovered that I'd left MY part for the Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto at Kathleen's house (oops).
Made a mental list of mini-tasks and when I will be able to do them.

THEN I spent time on my homework. 502 (Cataloging)--arranged my work so I could complete revisions on Exercise E (LCSH) more efficiently; read discussions board posts. 534 (Management)--skimmed notes for the coming week.  Need to read two chapters in textbook, and answer a series of questions on a discussion board. 

Between home, school, work, and music, it's no wonder the day sails by.

I need some serious face time with the trombone.  October 1 will come sooner than I'd like.

Cheers.

*==David Mann and Bob Hillard, 1955

No comments: