Friday, September 28, 2012

T.G.I.F.*

Indeed!

I'm happy that my Russian readers are back--although I'd love to be able to get a more accurate picture of exactly where in the world my readers are.

I'm reminded by the current US presidential campaign that many movie characters implore their listeners to be (or become) politically aware.  Two characters that spring to mind are both in musically based movies and both Austrian.  I'm talking about Captain Von Trapp (The Sound of Music) and Emperor Joseph II (Amadeus).  The former takes place in the years leading up to World War II; the latter takes place in the years leading up to the French Revolution. In both cases, the character in question warns a younger, more emotional man that to ignore what's happening in the world around him is to invite disaster.  Good advice for our times.

Back to my Management project.  Cheers...

*--Alec R. Constandinos, Thank God It's Friday, Love and Kisses, 1978

No comments: